Saturday 9 May 2015

Who is average Joe?


I'm a 22 year old climber, mountaineer, traveller and general adventure seeker that found the outdoors last year when I started going to a local mountaineering club and meeting a bunch of people that had the same passion to explore and live an adventurous and challenge filled lifestyle. I have worked mainly in retail for the past few years and now work for Network Rail at Birmingham New Street Station dealing with general public and lots of large dangerous moving vehicles a precarious combination.

 

What am I searching for? 

I'm a person who doesn't know what life has planned for him, I only know what I don't want and that's normality! This is my blog about fighting falling into a comfortable and boring existence that my mind rebels against on a daily basis. My posts will cover my journeys, experiences and adventures that I set out on whenever possible to break my feelings of entrapment when as I'm not really any good at anything (being average) and not knowing my calling in life that satisfies my urges for meeting new people, seeing new sights, learning and keeping me on the edge of my seat. I have no great strength, skill or ambition for great wealth only not to end up staring at the same town, pub and piece of sky everyday. If that is what makes you happy I wish that I could feel the same and it would make my life so much easier. My writing probably won't be perfect, my spelling will not always be correct and grammar not to the standard of a New York Times columnist. It will just describe my adventures, feelings, stories and people I've met along the way in my goal to find myself and not just be an average Joe!
 
My imagination knows no bounds, however my bank balance and time unfortunately do...for now!  
 
I hope my writing will inspire you to step out of your comfort zone, try something new or see some new sights. If all else fails I hope you can at least laugh at my cock ups, mistakes and general fooling around with people I've met and meet along the way. I've not done much writing since leaving Sixth Form, so any feedback about my posts and any other suggestions on the content, places to visit or anything else is more than welcome.

















Me (Rocking the Red Jumpsuit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment